Numark M6 with the Innofader Pro

odonov8

The Numark M6 installation requires a small amount of soldering. It uses the "NUMARK M SERIES" installation shown here. The only difference is that only a single 3 wire power cable is required, so either J36 or J37 is used, but not both.

***For Innofader Pro2, connect to either J39 or J41 on adapter (15)

Thank you to Jesse Drahos for taking the pictures!

To do this installation you will need to remove the faceplate:

M6_pic1.jpg

And remove the bottom cover and crossfader:

M6_pic2.jpg

Locate the power supply PC board in the below picture. NOTE VERY IMPORTANT: Do NOT hook up the 3 wire blue, black, blue cable from the transformer to any part of the Innofader. The voltages are wrong and they will PERMANENTLY DAMAGE the Innofader.
M6_pic3.jpg

On the 3 wire cable - the Numark Power Cable shown here - cut the connector off one end and strip the wires about 1/8". Then solder the wires to the bottom of the power PC board as shown here. Make sure to match the red and black wires to the correct pins as shown. It is not important which red wire connects where as long as they are both connected separately.

Side view:

M6_pic4.jpg

Bottom view:

M6_pic5.jpg

Finally complete the Innofader Pro hookup as shown for the Numark M Series installation here. Again please note the only difference is that a single 3 wire power cable is required, so either J36 or J37 is used, but not both.

***For Innofader Pro2, connect to either J39 or J41 on adapter (15)

Make sure before you put your mixer back together that you place an insulator tube over the non-VCA adapter board to prevent it from shorting to the mixer.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for your help on this. I've followed the instructions exactly and everything works great except for one issue. I'm getting a ringing noise only from the left side of the fader. I have everything insulated. Can you assist me with this please? Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help on this. I've followed the instructions exactly and everything works great except for one issue. I'm getting a ringing noise only from the left side of the fader. I have everything insulated. Can you assist me with this please? Thank you in advance.

Please email me support@audioinnovate.com. Thanks.

• 5 years later...