• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djdiggla

djdiggla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi, I'm having some problems installing my innofader.

First off, I made the mistake of plugging in the mic adapter board and pushing the button even tho that was not part of the install instructions. It seems to have screwed up my curve (which I have since tried to reset numerous times but one side is always way off. --is there a way to reset the cut in to the factory preset??

Next--this is probably dumb but may be part of my problem. Am i supposed to just reverse the x/y jumper or take it off? I want the sharpest cut in for scratching and I currently have it off (removed). All the pics in the install guide show it on tho, and the pic isn't clear and same with the instructions.

Just FYI, I have the cut in set all the way right which seems to be the sharpest.
Also FYI, when I try and reset the cut in point it makes the fader bleed so I turn the adjustor curve knob so it doesn't (which is the "factory default" position). But then the left side cut-in becomes the middle of the fader!

#2 odonov8

odonov8

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (djdiggla @ Feb 19 2012, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm having some problems installing my innofader.

First off, I made the mistake of plugging in the mic adapter board and pushing the button even tho that was not part of the install instructions. It seems to have screwed up my curve (which I have since tried to reset numerous times but one side is always way off. --is there a way to reset the cut in to the factory preset??

Next--this is probably dumb but may be part of my problem. Am i supposed to just reverse the x/y jumper or take it off? I want the sharpest cut in for scratching and I currently have it off (removed). All the pics in the install guide show it on tho, and the pic isn't clear and same with the instructions.

Just FYI, I have the cut in set all the way right which seems to be the sharpest.
Also FYI, when I try and reset the cut in point it makes the fader bleed so I turn the adjustor curve knob so it doesn't (which is the "factory default" position). But then the left side cut-in becomes the middle of the fader!

Hello djdiggla,

You should leave the X/Y jumper installed for proper operation, and set the curve close to the middle. Also set the cut-in to no dead space. This way you can use the mixer to reduce the dead space (often referred to as "lag") and sharpen the curve.

Elliot

#3 djdiggla

djdiggla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

#4 djdiggla

djdiggla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

I did as instructed. It feels great but the cut-in is still not as sharp as I would like. I have the cut-in knob all the way right (and the curve straight up). Do I need to reset the cut-in point again? Or maybe I need to start with the cut-in of the mixer in the center?

I want it to be instant on so if I'm crabbing I can hold the fader closed with my thumb and click in with my fingers. Right now it is silent when I do that because the fader isn't sharp enough.

As it is now it feels great for flares but still not nearly as sharp as the pro-x that's in my other mixer nor the stock 909 fader. Is that just how it is or should I be able to get my desired curve? Do I need to mess with the internal curve knob? The innofader feels great but just not as sharp as I want. If that's how it is then I'll just adjust to make up for it but was really hoping not.

It doesn't matter which way the jumper is on, right? by that I mean, I couldn't have reversed it or have it on upside down right? It's just an on or off thing was my understanding.

#5 djdiggla

djdiggla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Finally figured it out! The fader cut in lag (that tiny knob between the big crossfader curve adjustment knobs) had to be turned back to min. Duh.

#6 odonov8

odonov8

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (djdiggla @ Mar 20 2012, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally figured it out! The fader cut in lag (that tiny knob between the big crossfader curve adjustment knobs) had to be turned back to min. Duh.

Glad you figured it out! Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Elliot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users